Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pictures from a hike a few weeks ago


I don't know the name of this, but it is most definitely Seussian.


Star pod. The constellations here appear right-side up, unlike in the Northern Hemisphere, where they are upside down.


Orange and purple reproductive organs. The moths flying around this were the same color as the flowers.


The popular San Pedro cactus. Hippies use this in their witchcraft rituals.


Flying creature with irredecent wings. What says you, Seerveld?

The wind is blowing through town today. My sister is going to have her first baby any day now and I'm wondering if I will be able to tell exactly when it happens. These are a bunch of photos we took on a hike when we first got into town, but I am just posting them now because it takes a long time to post these things given slow internet connections and slow as slugs USB 1 ports.

1 comment:

  1. 1. I didn't realize Dr Seuss was Ecuadorian.
    2. When Bruce S was in Ecuador he them saying that they'd named a constellation after him: the Southern Boss.
    3. Do you avoid the wind by leaving town?

    ReplyDelete