Thursday, September 10, 2009

Slight detour, Carrying on

Kim and I now find ourselves on two separate continents. We left the Galapagos a bit earlier than expected and I am in Quito and Kim is in Florida. Sadly, Kim´s grandmother, Ginger, passed away and Kim flew back to Florida yesterday morning. We´d like to take this opportunity to strongly warn against flying Copa airlines at any time under any circumstances. They were completely uncooperative in rerouting Kim´s itinerary, despite the obviously dire circumstances and instead insisted on selling her a first class ticket at over 1000 bucks. Stuck at the airport and with little choice otherwise, she ultimately decided on buying a whole new, cheaper, one-way ticket on American (cue fireworks and Sousa band) Airlines. I am here in Quito, staying at the Grinn House and taking it all in. I have my beard and One Hundred Years of Solitude to keep me company and am thoroughly engrossed in the inter- and intra-familial affairs of the Buendias.

Today I rode the Teleférico up into the mountains overlooking the city. The air was thin and the sky was blue. Chocolate at 4200 meters tastes delicious.










1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to welcoming you home to the US, Michael.

    ReplyDelete